Software for Laser Marking
User-friendly and flexible operations: Depending on the configuration of the respective system or machine, the two high-performance user interfaces FOBA MarkUS and FOBA Draw are deployed.
FOBA MarkUS: As the control center for all the marking-related applications that are found in most of FOBA’s systems, FOBA MarkUS is both a convenient graphic design interface and a high-performance piece of software for the control of the laser marking system that produces the markings. Optionally, the software can be equipped with the camera systems IMP and Point & Shoot, it contains the axis control and supports grayscales for the creation of imposing grayscale markings. Compatible with many of FOBA’s laser marking systems and marking machines, and available in various languages.
FOBA Draw is used to create marking jobs for mark on the fly applications and general marking applications (serial numbers, barcodes, 2D codes) as well as control of the marking laser. Compatible with FOBA’s laser marking systems and available in various languages, the high-performance user interface has proven ist worth in hundreds of implementaions worldwide.
Applications for laser marking, markings that are applied while the object is stationary or in motion
- MarkUS Designer, MarkUS Runtime, MarkUS Administrator
- Support for up to 5 axes (X, Y, Z, rotary axis and swivel axis)
- Marking (texts, logos) on the circumference of cylindrical objects (rings, jewelry; arced, concave, convex). Allows the laser to maintain focus to the surface while marking and minimizing distortion caused by the surface curvature.
- Layout, design, editing of grayscale marking contents, e.g. graphics, images
- Import functions for the most common file formats: BMP, JPEG, TIFF, HPGL, FOBA’s proprietary MCL, AI (up to 10 except 9, CS1,CS2,CS3 [without text objects], com- pressed/ binary/ PDF not supported), DXF (up to V11)
- English, German, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Czech
- IR, UV, CO²
Point & Shoot
- WYSIWYG camera system for visual direct mark alignment on a screen image of the part (hardware is included, one USB port is required). Image tiling is included
Intelligent Mark Positioning (IMP)
- WYSIWYG vision system for the precise position detection of parts/ to-be-processed Positioning (IMP) areas and automatic alignment of marking, engraving or finishing (hardware is in - cluded, two USB ports are required). Pre and post mark verification is included. Post mark verification will pass fail on mark position, orientation and scale.
- Datamatrix [ECC200], QR-Code, BC128 A/B/C, BC39
- TCP/IP, Profibus or serial communication
Graphics-oriented user interface that runs on Windows® 7/10 for intuitive and quick creation of complete marking jobs on PCs
- System configuration
- Text/data/graphic/parameter editor
- Can be configured in 20 languages, e.g. German, English, Japanese
- Easy access to standard CAD and graphics programs, thanks to the import functions for the most important file formats (DXF, JPG, AI, LGO, MCL, SVG, BMP, etc.)
- Various password-protected security levels
FOBA Draw Com
- ActiveX software interface for integration into operation system
* Additional and/or special hardware required